Your questions answered
What is a Tribute Fund?
A Tribute Fund is a special online space where you, your family and friends can take time to remember a loved one by sharing photos, stories and memories, while raising money in their honour which will support the Armed Forces community.
Why create a Tribute Fund?
After someone passes away, creating a Tribute Fund can be a way to celebrate their life while supporting a cause and community they cared about.
How do I get started?
It’s easy to create your own Tribute Fund. Simply follow this step-by-step process.
1. Go to 'My account' and select 'Create an account' on the right hand side.
2. Fill in your details and select 'Create my account' at the bottom of the page.
3. Underneath 'My Funds' select 'Create a page'.
4. Fill in the details of the person you'd like to remember via a Tribute Fund and select 'Next Step' at the bottom of the page.
5. You can then choose whether you'd like your fund to be visible on the homepage and/or in the site search results. You can also choose whether or not to set a fundaising target and decide the content of the thank you message which will go out to people donating to your fund. You're also given the option to receive emails when someone doantes to your page and/or creates an event page in memory of your tribute fund.
6. Choose a photo to upload of your loved one (you can add up to four more once your fund is set up).
7. Select a background from a choice of four.
8. Your fund is set up!
9. You can now edit the fund page, add offline donations, add more photos and videos, donate to the page, share the page with family and friends via social media, and set up an event in memory of your tribute fund.
10. If you get stuck, feel free to contact us here and we'll be happy to help.
Do I need to pay a fee to set up my page?
No. It’s free to create a Tribute Fund page.
Do I need to set a fundraising target?
It’s entirely up to you. Setting a target is optional, although it can be a good way to encourage people to donate.
Can I add Gift Aid to the donations?
Yes. If someone ticks the Gift Aid box when they make a donation, provided they qualify for Gift Aid status, then their gifts will be increased in value by 25%.
Can I add fundraising events to my page?
Yes. Simply click on ‘Create an event in memory’ and follow the step-by-step process. Once your event is created then you can share it with others and invite them to attend. They can even leave comments and share memories.
Do I need an account to donate to someone else's fund?
No, you don't. Just click on the fund you'd like to donate to, and follow the steps to donate.
Is there someone I can talk to directly?
If you have any questions or want to chat through setting up your page, we can help.
Contact us here